Sunday 11 March 2007

I'm Pleased with Myself!..

I wish I had an autie like me! Although I never really liked wee brats, some of them can surprisingly make your day a hundred million times better. In response to the following dialogue that took place between my sister and her 6 year old son;

My nephew: Mummy, do you think Auntie Jessica is going to bring me a birthday present?

My sister: No, darlin' - I don't want you to be expecting anything. You know Autie Jessica has been a poor student for a few years now and she hasn't got much money.

Nephew: You mean mum, like those poor African people?

Sister: No pet, I don't think she's as badly off as that, but don't be expecting a present.

-Interlude-

Nephew: Mummy, when is Auntie Jessica's birthday?

Sister: Not away until July... Why?

Nephew: When it's Autie Jessica's birthday, can we send her a card and put a tenner in it?! I don't like to think of her being poor...! (Awww...)

I bought him a present; probably the best present he has ever had - a massive, really disgusting indonesian insect with big hairy legs set in a block of perspex. Not only will it inspire his insect collecting escapades, it might also piss my sister off! I wish I could see his (and her) face when he gets it in the post. Awww...

Reminder - Pleeeease practice early tomorrow, it's not all that bad.

No comments: