Wednesday 21 March 2007

I Understand...

What would your first reaction be if you walked into a concert hall alone, knowing no one's around and seing a couple of these boys standing proud? No, not me, I am a sensitive and shrewd piano tuner with enormous amounts of willpower. A glorious Neeeeeeeunggg g g g (or glissando) down the strings is NOT acceptable. We piano tuners understand that instruments are delicate babies - touch them and you're dead meat. While I'm at it (trying to educate the public), please have some respect you ignoramuses out there who think that cigarette burns on the ivories or the unforgiveable glasses of wine on the piano top create some kind of 'ambiance'. If you ask me to tune your piano, I will beat you over the head with my tuning crank before trying to revive him.

I've had a wonderful day - a 5am start to my work experience (tuning pianos before the students arrive) with a master who really knows his wwwhhas from his wwwhughs. What a good day. I wonder how long the 5am enthusiasm will last... if it does, I'm a good'un.

5 comments:

Spaced out girl said...

good girl..let the anger consume you.

Jackart said...

What about mentioning that the 5am start means no time for your boyfriend????

Jessica said...

That just means that when I see you it'll be even better! I'm superwoman anyway - I can do everything!...

Devil's Kitchen said...

I used to do all of the layout for the Piano Tuner's Yearbook. I fucking hated it: a yearly torture for stupidly little money.

It was one of the larger contributing factors to my leaving Edinburgh...

DK

Trixy said...

Jackart said:

"What about mentioning that the 5am start means no time for your boyfriend????"

Quite! If you are going to get married then all this work experience is surplus to requirements...Get back into bed and make him happy.

hhmmmm