Tuesday 15 May 2007

Good senses...

Biology is a lot cooler than I thought at school... Research has found that smokers are half as likely to produce sons
In a perfect world I would like to have a son one day (like my nephew of course) so it's pretty handy that I find smoking repellant. This is a boring subject but I have to get it off my chest. No matter how interesting, unfortunately any words directed at me by any man blowing smoke in my face have always been completely lost (no matter how gorgeous he is). In fact if I'm feeling less kindly, I find it hard to resist the urge to tell him peevishly that I'd just washed my hair and my eyes are sore because of his disgusting habit. It is nasty but if they choose to smoke I don't see why it has to go in MY face. Anyway, I don't care if I get sneered at. I'm right.

Maybe it's just a sensible woman's intuition... Do we really need research to tell us that smoking is so unforgiveably harmful to everyone and yourself?! I know it took years for people to figure it out or at least years to fight against the brainwashing of the tobacco lords, but it isn't exactly rocket science, is it?

We are equipped with all the right senses to instinctively draw the best conclusions to live in superiority - one being, if something stinks, don't go near it, it's probably really NOT good. Very simple. We don't know the reason why it's not good but we respond appropriately. Do you really feel any benefit when you take your first drag? Correct me if I'm wrong but I really don't think so. Why resist those first barfing/coughing reflexes? because most people are idiots and would rather be like everyone else instead of themselves. oh Grow up. I don't understand social smoking

No comments: